The Federal Bar Association honors the Immigration Law Section Chaired by H. Raymond Fasano with an award
H. Raymond Fasano was delighted to learn that the Federal Bar Association award the “Meritorious Newsletter Award” to the Green Card, which is the newsletter of the Immigration Law Section. Mr. Fasano has been President of the Immigration Law Section for the past year and the Board unanimously voted to have Mr. Fasano Chair another year given the success that he has brought the Section.
The following is the announcement from the FBA:
The Newsletter Awards Committee is delighted to present your newsletter with an award of Meritorious Newsletter. We received many applications for the awards and the committee was tremendously impressed by the ever-increasing quality and quantity of newsletters within the FBA.
While the committee reviewed every submission individually, we did look for several components that typically accompany quality newsletters, such as:
- Message from the President or Chair
- “Clerk’s Corner” or a column from the court or agency
- Judicial profiles
- Membership focus (e.g., identification of new or current members, recognition of special accomplishments by members; member profiles, etc.)
- Announcements of upcoming national FBA events and reports on past national FBA events
- Pictures and commentary from recent chapter/section events
- Substantive articles applicable to the members of the chapter, section or division
- Advertisements from sponsors
- Humorous or entertainment content (e.g., cartoons, crossword puzzle, trivia, etc.)
- Announcements and registration information for upcoming chapter/section events
Thank you again for your application for a newsletter award, and congratulations to you and your Immigration Law Section on your tremendous accomplishments!
Mr. Fasano stated, “It is with great pride that I am accepting the Meritorious Newsletter Award on behalf of the ILS. I am especially pleased that the awards committee considered the message from the Chair that I write for every issue.”
The award will be presented at the annual conference in Puerto Rico.