Chinese and Spanish Spoken

Call us Today 800-890-0229

Immigration Law

Youman, Madeo & Fasano, LLP

Innovation. Excellence. Trust.

Photo of Professionals at Youman, Madeo & Fasano, LLP

New York Work Permit And Visa Lawyers

Every day, thousands of people arrive in the U.S. to work in every imaginable field: information technology, scientific research, investment, health care, religious activity, sports, agriculture and the arts. All foreign workers must obtain permission to work legally in the United States. Each of these work areas requires a different work visa, with different requirements, conditions and periods of authorized stay.

At Youman, Madeo & Fasano, LLP, we can assist you in obtaining every kind of work visa:

  • H-1B Persons in specialty occupations
  • H-2A Seasonal agricultural workers
  • H-2B Temporary or seasonal nonagricultural workers
  • H-3 Trainees (other than medical or academic)
  • L Intracompany transferees
  • O-1 Individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement
  • O-2 Persons accompanying an O-1
  • P-1 Individual or team athletes, or members of an entertainment group
  • P-2 Artists or entertainers who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program
  • P-3 Artists or entertainers who perform under a program that is culturally unique
  • Q-1 Participants in international cultural exchange programs

Think of Youman, Madeo & Fasano, LLP, as your counselors throughout your stay in the U.S. We can help whenever you have an immigration problem: if you wish to extend your stay, if you need to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility, or if you wish to change your status in any way.

Queens Business Immigration And Work Permits Attorneys

A work permit is not the same as a visa. Work permits are actual cards that must be obtained while some other application is being processed.

For instance, you may be waiting on a green card application, or for cancellation of removal to take effect, or for the USCIS to evaluate your asylum request. Until these cases are resolved, you may not take a job of any kind — unless you obtain a temporary work permit, also known as an EAD (employment authorization document) card.

Work permits are relatively straightforward:

  • You must apply and be approved for one.
  • They are valid for a limited period of time, usually a year. This is only extended in unusual circumstances.
  • Just because you have a work permit does not mean you will automatically be granted a green card.

The lawyers at Youman, Madeo & Fasano, LLP, can assist you in filling out Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization).

Serving the Immigrant Community In Manhattan, Queens, Long Island And New Jersey

For more information, or to schedule a meeting to discuss your problem with our lawyers, call the problem-solving New York immigration attorneys toll free at 800-890-0229.

Do you need an immigration lawyer you can trust to help you? Call the New York immigration attorneys Youman, Madeo & Fasano, LLP, at 800-890-0229 or describe your problem for us in an email using this form.